- Pharmacy Law Waivers | How to Request a Pharmacy Law Waiver
- Joint Statement on Western States Recommendation of Expanded Pfizer – BioNTech Booster Eligibility for 12- to 15-Year Olds (1/6/22)
- Age-Related COVID-19 Vaccine Mix-Ups
- CDPH COVID-19 Vaccination Resources for Pharmacists
- Mix-Ups Between the Influenza (Flu) Vaccine and COVID-19 Vaccines
- Coadministration with Other Vaccines
- Monoclonal Antibody Treatment
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Available for 12-15 Age Group
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Expands Statewide in April
- Notice Regarding COVID-19 Vaccine Administration
- DCA Waiver DCA-21-142 Order Waiving Staffing Ratio of Pharmacists to Pharmacy Technicians Relating to Administering COVID-19 Vaccines
- DCA Waiver DCA-20-103 Order Waiving Restrictions on Pharmacy Technicians Relating to Administering COVID-19 Vaccines
- DCA Order DCA-20-45 Waiving Restrictions on Pharmacies, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians Relating to Ordering, Collecting Specimens for, and Performing COVID-19 Tests – 8/25/20
- Important Information for Licensees (PDF) – 4/14/20
- COVID-19 FAQ
- Sources for Compounded Products in High Demand – Updated 1/26/21
- Guidance Documents
- Guidance on Eligible Personnel for Vaccines Administered in Pharmacies
- CDPH: Guidance for Pharmacies, Pharmacists, and Pharmacy Technicians Performing Waived, Point-of-Care COVID-19 Tests
- Guidance for Pharmacies, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians Ordering, Collecting Specimens for, and Performing COVID-19 Tests – August 25, 2020
- CDPH: Guidance for Pharmacies and Pharmacy Staff
- Cal/Osha: Protecting Workers from Coronavirus
- CDC: Considerations for Pharmacies during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA: Face Masks and Respirators
- DCA/MBC/BOP: Improper Prescriptions Related to COVID-19 Treatment
- California Health Corps – How Health Care Professionals Can Help
- DCA Licensing Waivers | FAQs
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- CDPH COVID-19 Updates
- CDC COVID-19 Updates
- On January 27, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom issued an Executive Order that extends liability protections to specified licensees participating in the State’s vaccination administration program. It also directs the boards, bureaus and committees within the Department of Consumer Affairs that regulate healthcare professionals to prioritize certain investigations relating to vaccine administration. Read the full text of the Executive Order here: https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/1.27.21-EO-N-02-21.pdf.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom has authorized new tax relief and grants to businesses impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. The California State Board of Pharmacy is encouraging licensees to determine their eligibility for relief, which includes Tax Relief for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19, $500 Million for New COVID Relief Grant for Small Business, and Increase Funding for the California Rebuilding Fund. For more information, read Governor Newsom’s news release or visit the Business and Employers section of the state’s COVID19.ca.gov website.
- Health Care Workers and Vaccination Requirements
To further protect vulnerable Californians and health care workers, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recently issued two public health orders:
- The first order requires workers in health care settings to be fully vaccinated or receive their second dose by September 30, 2021.
- The second public health order directs hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and intermediate care facilities to verify that visitors are fully vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19 in the prior 72 hours before indoor visits.
Additionally, local public health departments may have or issue orders with vaccination requirements that apply to licensees and settings beyond the California Department of Public Health’s orders.
Licensees are encouraged to thoroughly read the CDPH public health orders and regularly check their local public health departments website for additional vaccination requirements. To find a local public health department website, visit: https://covid19.ca.gov/get-local-information/#County-websites.