Training for Furnishing HIV Preexposure and Postexposure Prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP)
The Board of Pharmacy has created a free training webinar pharmacists may complete to independently initiate and furnish HIV pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis, pursuant to California Code of Regulations, title 16, section 1747. Pharmacists who successfully complete the training also will receive 1.5 hours of continuing education (CE) credit.
The webinar is about 90 minutes in length, including a training presentation followed by an assessment section with 10 multiple-choice questions. In addition, the presenter has provided a list of abbreviations used in the webinar training program. Participants must view the entire 90-minute webinar and obtain a passing score on the assessment to receive a certificate of successful completion and CE credit.
Note: Please allow enough time to complete the entire training program in one session to receive credit for viewing the entire webinar. Because of technical limitations, credit cannot be given for viewing the entire 90-minute training program in multiple discrete sections.
Pursuant to CCR section 1747(a)(2), participants must obtain a passing score of 70 percent or higher to receive a certificate of successful completion of the training program. Participants who do not obtain a passing score will not receive a certificate of completion nor CE credit.
Tips for Viewing the Webinar
- No registration is required. The webinar may be viewed at any time.
- Refer to the list of abbreviations used in the training program. (PDF)
- You must answer each assessment question before moving to the next question. You cannot go back and change an answer after moving to the next question.
- You will not receive your score immediately after completing the assessment. The Board will separately notify you of your score within several days and will send certificates of completion to pharmacists who pass and successfully complete the training program.
To begin the video:
- Click the link below to go to the video player.
- Click the arrow on the screen to launch the video player.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address when requested.
- Click “Submit and Continue” to begin the video.